Are you a creative person aspiring to go to art college/school/uni?
Have you trawled the art college and university websites for information but still can't figure out what they are asking for in your portfolio submission?
Perhaps you've started on a portfolio either at school or on your own and just got so overwhelmed by the lack of support out there?
You're really creative, you love making and you want to take it on further to forge a career as either an artist or in the creative industries but you just wish you knew how to make this knockout, individual portfolio that the College/Uni websites keep talking about?
We understand exactly where you're coming from. It is quite a task to really understand what is required in your art college portfolio – and we were in that position when we were applying to art college too!
You've probably been to open days and seen examples of successful portfolios etc. and felt quite fired up and excited to get started but then you return home and a day or 2 later, feel stuck again, not knowing really how to start. This can feel quite demoralising – but we can help change this with our online portfolio preparation course. Also, time is ticking and you know that it actually takes quite a lot of time to get a portfolio right, it's a lot of work.
1. Produce your winning portfolio by really getting in the flow to produce some meaningful work. I've seen this first hand and it's incredible when your ideas are so meaningful that you just can't stop creating! We guide you through the process, with our proven, specialist guidance on our online portfolio preparation course.
2. With our 5 compelling projects, develop your creativity and encourage risk taking, experimentation and individuality. With our focused personal tutorials you'll create your winning portfolio. And when you have the offer you want, you'll not quite believe it's true! The months of hard work will have paid off and actually looking back at it, it's not hard work at all, it's your passion and it's your mission – to share your view of the world, to enrich others' lives with your creativity.
3. After a difficult time, combat the confusion so you'll know exactly where you are going and where you want to be with your art. It's time to stop wasting your time on unfocused efforts and join our online portfolio preparation course.
PLAN, CREATE, SUCCEED! 20-Week Online portfolio preparation course for art college applicants.
For the first time we are offering our commitment to portfolio excellence (normally reserved for our face to face private clients) and our proven methods, to you remotely. Fasten your seatbelts – it's an exciting time! Let us help you to plan, create and succeed in your future career.
1. Get organised and plan what you need to present for each college course and when.
2. Step by step enable you to intuitively use your sketchbooks to work in and not to worry about whether something works or not – initially. You'll soon find that your ideas flow better as you get on with work in a less precious way.
3. Work really hard between sessions and do a power of work and we'll give you the confidence, reassurance, practical guidance where you'd have been lost without that help.
4. Take away the stress and confusion about the best way to present your digital portfolio. This ensures that what you present is a true reflection of your potential, giving you the confidence in the digital folio that you present.
Our online portfolio preparation course is for YOU if you're committed to dedicating your time to a serious plan to get into an Undergraduate art course in the UK. You must have the required eligibility from your dream colleges but just lacking that important portfolio. You must be self motivated and not need your hand holding ALL the way! We'll have plenty of instructions for you to follow but it's important that you can run with an idea and explore things alone – we can't do it all for you.
20 week online portfolio preparation course – start any time of the year – (fast track in 10 weeks available) – registering NOW
100% online so you can study anywhere in the world at a time, pace and place for your own convenience and flexibility
10 hours a week commitment minimum (for fast track 20 hours per week) – how you do this is up to you but that's 2 hours a day at least to enable the full effect of the course content to be exploited. The more time you can commit to the course, the further you'll progress your ideas and the deeper your concepts will be – the Colleges look for deep engagement in your ideas
5 x 1 hour long critiques of your work by me, Julie Read via Skype giving feedback, advice and confidence. This is to ensure it's working – coaching gives you accountability, a structure and a plan for the end result
UCAS personal statement support and review. This gives you outside input on your statement and to ensure that you're communicating well what a great prospective student you are
5 compelling projects that will develop your creativity and encourage risk taking, experimentation and individuality. The projects cover ideas around social issues/current affairs, personal story/identity, environment, process and a self led project nearer the end. We'll work with drawing, in sketchbooks and depending on your area of interest, many materials and techniques that will translate your ideas. The Colleges want to see something that is your take on the world, not the same old school led projects.
You will learn how to reflect on, analyse and evaluate your work. This fulfils the requirement from the Colleges for a student to possess strong critical judgement skills
Your work will develop in relation to other artists and designers (context). The College's assess your portfolio on context and you'll need to demonstrate you are aware of other relevant CONTEMPORARY artists/designers
you'll learn how to take good photos of your work. This is firstly to document and send to us for our tutorials and review. But it is also ESSENTIAL that your work is represented well for your digital portfolio submission to the Colleges/Unis
interview guidance and advice – you may be asked to take part in a Skype interview and how you come across in interview can make or break your application. You need to be able to talk about your work with confidence and our Skype tutorials also assist here
Portfolio Oomph will compile your digital portfolio with your opinions at the core. We don't just let you go then, as this time can be crucial and you can get it horrendously wrong just putting the final touches together
private Facebook support group where aside from meeting other like-minded people/creative friends, it will boost morale and build motivation with our expert advice at your fingertips. It'll keep you on track ensuring it's not just a course you've bought and done nothing with. You'll be able to support each other as you interview for your first choice college and celebrate your successes together.
exclusive access to our video presentation "Drawing – keeping it current" that was commissioned for The Art of Education. This will challenge your views on drawing and how you can embed it in your creative practice to produce that knockout portfolio
1. Regretting that you never pursued your creative career, due to lack of support and/or knowledge. Or accepting that you cannot ever attend your first choice college because they rejected your application based on your portfolio.
2. Telling yourself that you can't get started for fear or failure – the trick is to just get started, ideas will flow, sketchbooks will fill.
3. Feeling that you have to have the most amazing ideas to begin with. Good ideas take time to 'brew' so to speak and our course enables this.
You've waited long enough to dare to live your dreams, let this be the year that you finally get to art college. PLAN CREATE SUCCEED puts an end to the confusion you will be feeling and will buy you the competitive edge that is essential for success. Some of our previous students have received 5 unconditional offers for their dream courses!
It’s time for you to decide. Are you ready to invest in your creative future and not waste another second putting it off?
Then purchase PLAN CREATE SUCCEED now and get started today!
One payment of £1800 or 2 instalments of £990*
(*one payment on starting course and one payment 2 months later – total £1980)
You get unlimited access to the online portfolio preparation course content so you can revisit the process as often as you wish.
Got a question? Click here to send us an email…
Don't spend another year or 2 tirelessly trying to work it out alone for yourself.
*Although Portfolio Oomph offers you the best possible chance of creating a portfolio that will secure you a place at art college, we cannot guarantee that by using our learning materials that you will be accepted to art college. The website and its content and all mentoring/coaching services are a support to aid your application, not a passport to a place. Please see our terms and conditions.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" then you are consenting to this.